Are you considering signing a contract for HVAC maintenance, but aren’t quite sure what it might contain? Knowing what to expect from an HVAC contract can help you make an informed decision and provide peace of mind that you’ll receive reliable HVAC service.
Here Richardson Air Systems, one of the leading heating and air conditioning contractors in the region, shares a few things you should know before signing an HVAC contract.
Questions to Ask
Be sure to ask your contractor these questions before signing a maintenance contract:
- Do you cover basic parts? Some HVAC contractors base contract pricing on the labor to perform inspections, test and clean only. However, certain HVAC components need to be replaced from time to time, like air filters, belts and gaskets. Find out which of these are included in the pricing before signing a contract.
- What are the payment options? Cooling and heating contractors sometimes offer flexible payment options. Making the most of them can be convenient and may even save you money in the long run. If this information isn’t offered, be sure to ask.
Red Flags to Avoid
Watch out for these common red flags:
- Ridiculously small print – Shady HVAC contractors will sneak in terms and conditions in small print that, at times, run counter to the normal-sized words of the contract.
- One-page contracts – Good contracts should cover all the nitty-gritty of the service at hand, which is why they’ll never fit on a single page. Be cautious when receiving one-page contracts, as this can be a sign of unscrupulous work to come.
- Extremely cheap pricing – If you think the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be sure to compare prices to learn the ballpark range of how much a service agreement should cost.
Skip the confusion some HVAC contractors may cause you. Turn to Richardson Air Systems, the premier contractor for residential and commercial HVAC services in the region. Schedule a FREE consultation by calling us at (609) 385-2423 or by completing our form.